After 21 years of dreading to get up in the morning and having complete enjoyment to fall back into bed that night; I have began to find reason to enjoy my morning and everything in it.
Way to ensure a wonderful day no matter what is thrown at you:
- I am not ashamed to say that my ‘all-nighter’ days have far passed and I am usually in bed by 11PM at the latest. Sleep is glorious and I enjoy every moment of it – on the very rare occasion that I can sleep through the whole night that is- and staying up to binge watch Netflix will not be worth a sluggish day of misery.
- Make waking up early a habit and form a schedule for the morning time you can dedicate to the Lord and yourself.
- I begin my morning in prayer and devotion served with a cup of hot tea. I give myself at least 30 minutes in the morning to spend time with the Lord. He has given me a new day and I must thank Him for it. If I did not wake up on time that day, I will pray when I can. Being in a hurry is when I need the the Lord the most.
- Take a shower first thing. With some music playing and hot water running, I am without hurry to get ready because the main part is done.
- Give yourself at least an 10-20 minutes in the morning to do something you love. Read a book, take a walk, make breakfast, watch TV. Whatever it is that you find some sanctuary in, do it in the AM.
- If there are errands to run in the morning that can be done from home, get them done and out of your mind. There is never a need to create worry over something as trivial as a simple task. Obviously not everything can be done early in the morning but do what you can.
- Take a break from social media. Once I get up, I turn my phone on airplane mode. I do not like to be absorbed into the world before I have had my morning cup of tea. You cannot create time for yourself with your nose in Twitter.
There you have it folks! Find simplicity.
Thank You and God Bless.